Friday, May 25, 2007

The Beatles Personality Litmus Test


Subject: RE: Reinhardt memories
Author: Don HancockDate: 5/17/2007 2:12 pm

I really don't have much to say about Gaston. I do have a theory about those times, which I call the Beatles personality litmus test. There was a day in the eighth grade during which all the girls could talk about was the Beatles. Each girl had chosen one of the Beatles to be in love with. John and Paul of course were the stars. The girls that chose John over Paul had a rougher edge. Those that chose George were of the level-headed sort who likely later joined the Future Homemakers to learn about babies, budgets and baking. And those who chose Ringo likely and sadly turned out to be social deviants.

Subject: RE: Reinhardt memories
Author: Rebecca (Phillips) McKinneyDate: 5/17/2007 11:35 pm

Well, I favored Paul, and I still turned out to be a social deviant, being self employed and all. I am right this very minute looking over my desk at that wonderful black & white photo of the Beatles, taken in the late 60's I think. They're all facing one direction, and the wind is blowing their longish hair. Paul is peeking out from behind Ringo with that impish little boy face that made him so irresistable to us girls. I look at the picture whenever I need a youth fix. That's why it's right over my desk. Rebecca (Becky Phillips) McKinney

Subject: RE: Reinhardt memories
Author: Don HancockDate: 5/18/2007 1:32 am

Well, so much for my theory. You should be fairly normal. There could be other contributing factors. Could you give us all some more details about your acts of deviancy?

Subject: RE: Reinhardt memories
Author: Beverly (Parson) WhiteDate: 5/18/2007 1:48 am

Hmmmmm...........well, I went to Casa View and Hill, so, maybe that is the difference....I adored George, was never in FH, got a degree in drawing and painting with no secretarial or teaching cert...held office in NOW.....but I do bake bread and love to cook.........does that count?

Subject: RE: Reinhardt memories
Author: Kathy SilbermanDate: 5/18/2007 4:53 am

I have to say as for me, you pegged it. The John lovers, myself included, I think went for the edgier bad boys, which inevitably in life is a bad choice, but when one must listen to one's gut rather than head as is sometimes not really a choice, it's just the way it is. Now Paul, oh sweet Paul, he was the lover and the sweetheart, the proverbial good guy. Yes, as I have aged, I can see the merit in the Paul's. George, I would not thing of so much as the lead in to Future Homemakers so much as the lead in to the life with a guru and one's head in the stars. I never really quite knew what to make of the Ringo followers...but he was a Beatle and they all have to get their due. Thanks for the thoughts. This board continues to be a source of enjoyment. I can hardly wait till the pictures come out in a few days. Kathy

Subject: RE: Reinhardt memories
Author: Don HancockDate: 5/18/2007 12:37 am

Yes, selecting a slob for a first husband is a signal characteristic of a John girl. Rock and roll can distort us but also heal us. My treatment plans usually include immersion in Paul music, though Joni Mitchell and Joan Baez can be substituted.

No comments: